Commercial auto insurance is used to cover cars, trucks, and vans owned by the business that are used in conducting your operation. Whether your fleet is one vehicle or one hundred vehicles we have options for you.
Why do you need Commercial Auto Coverage?
Personal policies do not cover all business usage or vehicle types. Why? Since personal auto policies were not meant for businesses, they are written and rated differently. More important to you—a businessowner often need the particular coverages found in a commercial auto insurance policy.
Determining whether your situation requires commercial auto coverage can still be confusing. Please contact us today to discuss your commercial auto options.
Commercial Auto Coverages
Commercial vehicle insurance, like your personal auto policy, provides similar coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments, and uninsured motorist coverage. However, there are also differences between a commercial auto insurance policy and your personal auto policy such as eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits.
- Bodily injury liability coverage – pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and in most cases provides you with a legal defense.
- Property damage liability coverage – provides you with protection if your vehicle accidently damages another person's property and in most cases provides you with a legal defense.
- Medical payments – usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your vehicle incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for damage to your vehicle from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage – pays for damage to your vehicle when it hits or is hit by another object.
Call Reno Insurance today for a complete review of your existing coverage.